Skip to Main Content

LEARN Smart: Where to get help

Academic Skills support

Locations where you can ask for help or advice

Student Services

Student Services

See the list of our support services for students.

If you can't find what you are looking for here, or prefer to speak to someone in person, drop in, or contact the Enquiry Centre team.

Enquiry Centre

The University of Dundee has a brilliant Student Services team full of kind, knowledgeable and helpful staff. These teams are here to support you throughout your studies. We have highlighted 11 of the core teams here for you.

Read more  (opens in new web page)


Other services

Help4U - Get help with IT Services and technical issues with My Dundee

Select the Around Campus tab in this guide to see the locations of all our University Services,

Adviser of Studies Student Handbook

Adviser of Studies

Each student has an appointed Adviser of Studies to provide support and guidance.You are allocated an Adviser of Studies when you start university. This applies to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Normally your Adviser will be an experienced member of the teaching staff in your School. You can discuss a range of topics with them, for example, course concerns, financial issues, your exams, personal issues, your health and wellbeing, feeling valued and having a sense of belonging to the University.

Your Adviser is the first point of contact within the School/Discipline.

Open the Handbook for more details


Connected Community

Academic Skills Centre

The Academic Skills Centre (ASC)

ASC provides academic support and advice for Undergraduate, Masters, Postgraduate Taught (PGT) and Postgraduate Research (PGR) students who study full time or part time, on campus or online Visit our web page for more information.

International support

International support

If you have come here from another country to study visit LIVE Smart for useful information: International Advice Service and Your Student Community International Students

Student Support Team

Student Support Team

The Student Support Team offers help and support to help you stay on course. You can drop in to the Enquiry Centre or make an appointment to talk to one of the team face-to-face, over the telephone or via Skype.

Visit their web pages for more details and opening times.

IT Support

IT Services

Digital and Technology Services provides IT services and support for staff and students.

Opening hours: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat-Sun 10am-6pm.


The Help4U Self Service Portal is your first point of contact for IT queries and support.

You can:

  • Log a ticket to report an IT issue or ask a question
  • Explore ‘Knowledge iIems’
  • Check the progress and update any existing tickets you have logged
  • Live chat with Service Desk operatives

You can also view IT guides on a range of topics.

Disability Services

Disability Services

Visit Disability Services Home page to find out about the confidential range of support and services provided and how to register.


Support Hub - Disability Services


Online Exams

Online Exams

eLearning resources for students - for advice and support during your exam visit this VLE organisation

Academic Schools

Academic schools

The University is organised in schools, each with an associated research centre or unit.

See the lists below for Contact details of each school.

DUSA Advice

Your Union

Advice from your union - DUSA offers you advice and support on any issue and is independent of the University.

Watch the short video below with their advice about academic integrity.

Careers Service

Careers Service

It's never too early to start thinking about your career. Visit the University's Careers Service web pages to find out how they can help and guide you.

LIVE Smart

Student life

If you find that life as a student becomes difficult to deal with you will find lots of suggestions, good advice and more information on Support and Services in LIVE Smart.

Cartoon people holding up multicoloured letters saying Support

Early dispute resolution

Early dispute resolution (edr)

The University's edr service offers support around disputes.

edr logo

Find out more about the confidential mediation service from their web page, learn how they can help