The University of Dundee has five core values:
- valuing people
- working together
- making a difference
The Library and Learning Centre upholds these values in the following ways:
- We manage the University Library buildings across five sites, a wide range of information resources - such as books and journals, and a set of online systems - supporting online learning and assessment.
- LLC staff are proud to meet the expectations of the students and staff, and we do this by listening and partnering with individuals, Schools and other Directorates.
- The Libraries have long opening hours and a wide range of facilities, with staff available to guide members and to support the provision of information. These physical environments continue to evolve as research and study approaches develop.
- Many LLC staff are committed to delivering and supporting the online provision of information and systems. Interestingly the less this work is noticed by students the more successful it is. We aim to seamlessly provide access to a wide range of licensed resources, and to provide straightforward access through reading lists, My Dundee, assessments and collaboration tools. We deliver guidance and tuition through a range of approaches, and we welcome meeting University students and staff at any time. The LLC also supports researchers with specialist guidance on publication approaches, including open access and research data management.
You can help us maintain these values by:
- Reading and following the Library Regulations and our User Contract
- Treating other users, our staff and the learning environment with respect.
- Helping improve our services, collections and resources through your comments and suggestions.