Skip to main content

Support Smart: Concerned about Someone?

Student Services' support guide for Academic School Staff and other student facing staff

Concerned or worried about someone?

If you are concerned about someone, if you are aware that someone is being harassed, bullied, assaulted, abused or sexually abused.

Is there someone whose behaviour you are worried about, or someone whose actions are concerning you?

FInd out more about how you can help, or how to let someone know about your concerns.


Concerned about someone?

people holding hands in a circle

If you are concerned about someone please come into the Enquiry Centre and ask to speak to one of the Student Support Team in confidence, they will be able to direct you to relevant service or person within the University, or assist you in making contact with external agencies who can provide support or guidance.

Enquiry Centre

Enquiry Centre

Come into the Enquiry Centre with all queries and questions.

Opening Hours

  • 9am - 5pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
  • 10am - 5pm, Wednesday
  • Extended opening hours during welcome in September.

Contact Us

Campus Security

photograph of security centre at side of main library University of Dundee

Security staff are present on campus 24 hours a day - they can be reached by calling 01382 385850, or call into the Security Centre located at the west side of the Library.

Support Hub

Support Hub Old Technical Institute

The Support Hub:

Located behind the Tower Building.

Helping someone video

How to Handle Flat Disputes

If you've had a disagreement with your flatmates, seek advice on how to effectively resolve conflict. 

Keep Calm and Ask for Help Sign

The Student Support team are on hand to act as mediators for any difficult discussions you may need to have as a flat. 

Third Party Hate Crime Reporting

Police Scotland

Information on Hate Crime from Police Scotland

Did you know that Hate Crime is any criminal offence committed against an individual or property that is motivated by a person's hatred of someone because of his or her actual or perceived race, religion, transgender identity, sexual orientation or disability?

You can report a Hate Crime as follows:

The University's Enquiry Centre is a Third Party Reporting Centre.



University of Dundee

emergency procedures

How to get help on campus.

Be an Upstander

Student or Staff Requiring Medical Attention

NHS 24

NHS 24 logo

NHS 24

Provides information and health care advice

Open 24 hours - phone for health care

advice when your GP practice is closed

Dial 111

NHS 24 Scotland's national telehealth and telecare organisation. Call us free on 111 if your are ill and can't wait until your regular NHS service reopens

Domestic Abuse - Worried about someone?

Information and support if you know or suspect someone may be suffering from domestic abuse