Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Peer Connections is a welcoming, buddying and mentoring scheme to help all students settle in, show you around, meet, mix and share information and experience with other students. Buddy groups are offered to all incoming exchange students by Peer Connections. Individual mentoring for new students is also offered. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scotland - Information and Culture
The Global Room is a social space on City Campus for students to relax, meet new people and celebrate cultural events.
International Student Community
Adjusting to University Life
Welcome /Freshers Week is a great opportunity for you to get involved in a variety of activities and events. It is also another good chance to meet other new students and familiarise yourself with the campus facilities and buildings. Look out for events which aim to bring students together in the Welcome Events Programme some of which are may be of interest to you or those specifically aimed at Mature Students.
- Local Students Welcome Event for those living in Dundee, Fife, Angus or Perthshire
- Part Time MA Student Welcome Event
- Associate and Co-Curricular Welcome Event
- Direct Entry, 3yr Degree, Global Programmes and Erasmus Exchange Students Welcome Event
- Meet, Mix and Socialise Events – including one for Mature and Postgraduate Students
- Campus Tours
- Tours to local locations – McManus Galleries or Broughty Ferry Castle and Beach
Conversation Cafe is an informal weekly meeting where international students can come and practice speaking conversational English speaking skills and improve their understanding of the English language.
Hosted by Peer Connections student volunteers who help fellow students in various topics of conversation.
Come into the Enquiry Centre with all queries and questions.
- 9am - 5pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 10am - 5pm, Wednesday
- Extended opening hours during welcome in September.
International Student Calculator
This guide to budgeting will help you work out how to manage your money
and build a budget for living and studying in the UK