Altmetric donuts, give a quick visual indicator of the attention a publication has received on the Web.
- The number at the centre of the donut is the headline “score of attention”.
- The score is a weighted metric that is based on counts of mentions of the article in the sources monitored by Altmetric.
- The colours around the edge indicate the type of mentions and their weightings.
The score has an important limitation: if the article was published before July 2011, Altmetric will have missed any transient mentions of it, tweets in particular. As such, its score won’t be accurate, and will represent a lower bound of the attention received.
- Hover your mouse over the donut and you’ll see the types of mentions the article has had.
- Click on the donut to see even more details via the Altmetric website - you can view the individual mentions by type, for example, a list of all the mentions in News.
- Click on the headline of any mention listed to see the original context.